Saturday, June 28, 2014

2014.06.27

Day 4

This morning I had molletes for breakfast. I had one salty one and one sweet one. The salty one had beans, and cheese with tomatoes and onion, and the sweet one was loaded with butter and topped with something like dulce de leche. The second one was my favourite. I even took another spoonful after. :)


In the afternoon, my host mother and I ran some errands together. We drove through the down town of Guadalajara. It is very beautiful with many old buildings and lots of churches. I am looking forward to talking a nice walk through this area in the future. Next, we went to the outskirts of the city, where we drove by a canyon, from my understanding. The view was spectacular. Some people have their backyards facing this view, and I am very jealous.

For lunch we had carne en su jugo. This is one of my favourite dishes that I have tried so far. My other host sister also made an agua fresca with mangos. It was very good.

In the evening we went to my host mother's sister's birthday party with all of their other family members. It was really nice to see the whole family together. Everyone is very welcoming. It was interesting to see cucumber served on a fruit platter along with water melon, jicama, and mango. 

Observation: I am amazed at how many American chains are here in Mexico. They have Walmart, KFC, Domino's, Home Depot, 7 11, McDonald's, Burger King, Dairy Queen, Best Buy and more probably. 

Namaste,
Cs.

PS. Sorry for the single picture in this post. 

1 comment: